Switchgear Service Protects Equipment, Personnel and Reputations
Our Switchgear Division serves the power generation industry, paper and steel mills, foundries, wastewater plants and other large operations in a wide range of industries. The electrical systems in these businesses depend on fully functioning electrical power distribution systems that consist of primary transformers, switchgear, circuit breakers and protection systems to control the flow of electricity and to clear faults in the line before they can damage equipment. Regular inspections and maintenance makes the difference between a plant that keeps humming along and one plagued by shutdowns.
Through maintenance and testing, AIMS engineers maximize your uptime while minimizing the risk of emergency repair work. When service is needed, our engineers and technicians have the expertise and the parts inventory to provide complete switchgear repair and retrofit services, either in-house or on-site. We also offer 24-hour emergency service with pickup of your equipment arranged by us. We can even arrange to pick up after-hours, if necessary. As with all our work, switchgear service is covered by our one-year parts and labor warranty.
AIMS Switchgear Services Include:
- On-site maintenance, repair and diagnostic services for electrical power systems
- Reconditioning, retrofitting and conversions of switchgear
- Complete remanufacturing of low- and medium-voltage circuit breakers
- Thermal imaging analysis
- In-house and on-site repairs
- In-house and on-site transformer repair or replacement
- Bushing and insulator repair and replacement
- Repair and replacement of motor starters and contractors
- Circuit breaker repairs, retrofitting and replacement
- Training your personnel in maintenance procedures