Repair, Recondition, Retrofit, Routine Maintenance and Replacement of Electrical Motors
Although many people think of AIMS as a repair shop for large motors and generators, we work on specialty AC and DC motors and generators of all sizes. The majority of our repairs and rebuilds are for large industrial motors and generators up to 38,000 kW and with ratings up to 13.8 kV. We offer everything from routine maintenance and basic repairs to complete rebuilds and epoxy VPI rewinding. We also have the technical capabilities to perform root cause failure analysis of recurring or hard to diagnose problems.
Sometimes, repairs are not the best option—either due to the costs involved or the time it will take. In these instances, AIMS can provide and install new or remanufactured equipment. Through our partnerships with some of the leading manufacturers in the electrical apparatus industry, we are able to offer the most cost-effective replacement and repair solutions in the upper Midwest. Regardless of how you choose to proceed, you can count on AIMS for honest recommendations, fair pricing and quality workmanship.
We are the only authorized Actom, service center in North America, but can handle repairs on virtually any brand of motor or generator. We use OEM parts whenever possible, but can also reverse engineer and custom manufacture any parts needed. All work is covered by a 1-year parts and labor warranty.
AIMS motor/generator capabilities include:
- AC stator rewinding, from 15,000 VAC, down to 230 VAC random
- AC rotor rewinding of all induction rotors
- Collector ring manufacturing and rebuilding
- AC synchronous field rewinding, both edge-wound and layer wound poles
- AC stator and rotor re-stacking
- DC armature & field coil rewinding
- 10’ diameter epoxy VPI system for all new rewinds
- 10’ by 10’ by 11’ temperature controlled stripping oven with chart recorder
- 75 ton overhead lifting capacity, with multiple overhead cranes
- Core Loss Testing utilizing 2 Lexseco computerized Core Loss Test sets
- Precision dynamic balancing in 2 balancers, to ISO Grade 0.4, up to 30,000 lbs.
- Surge Testing
- Double power factor testing
- 1500 kVA Hipotronics Motor Test Center for full voltage test runs, up to 13,800 volts
- 60 ton isolated test bed for test runs
- Vibration analysis
- Laser shaft alignment
- Fully-equipped in-house machine and fabrication shop
- Flame spray capabilities
- 350-ton hydraulic press
Contact our industrial motor and generator repair specialists to learn more about our services and how we can provide you with the best maintenance value.
AC / DC Motors & Generators
Repair and Refurbishing of Industrial AC and DC Motors Throughout North America AC and DC motors and generators play a critical role in a broad range of businesses and industries. Whether it is a power company using AC generators to produce electricity or a manufacturer using DC motors for applications requiring variable speed and torque, downtime...Read More
Refurbishing and Repair of Liquid Rheostats
AIMS Liquid Rheostat Services Provide Solid Support for Industry Liquid rheostats are most commonly used to control AC wound rotor motor systems and to dissipate heat build-up in these motors during start up, but are also used to test generator output. Liquid rheostat tanks are basically a variable resistor. Electrodes are raised and lowered in a ...Read More
Shredder Motor Repair Services
Industrial Motor Services Provide the Power to Pulverize Every day, industrial shredder motors are tasked with chewing up and spitting out the discards and detritus of society into small, easily recycled or disposed of pieces. Automobiles, steel plates and pipes, household appliances, etc... The AC and DC motors powering these huge shredders are s...Read More